Linux console on virtual Uart?

Milton D. Miller II miltonm at realtime.net
Fri Mar 21 16:36:44 EST 2003

At least for the archives, I will point out the the hvc console (located
at drivers/char/hvc_console.c) is a polling mode driver for a serial style
console, that calls a function to read up to 16 bytes at a time from some
other buffer.  This might be easier to adapt (just write a pair of
hvc_{get_put}_chars functions) ...

Regarding your questions, I don't know why you aren't getting a prompt,
but the line

init: asdf: command not found

can be explained becaues the kernel calls the "init" program with argv[0] =
"init", and the shell is using this name (or the part after the last / if
present) to explain itself.

milton