kgdb and mpc8xx (again)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 11 08:04:14 EST 2003

In message <1047318121.29389.44.camel at muse> you wrote:

> If i run ppc-linux-gdb instead of kermit, i get
>
> 0xc0009db0 in breakpoint () at ppc-stub.c:726
>
> and the board restarts itself.
>
> I have no idea why. Maybe:
>
> 1.- It's something related with some console output (don't know if
> enabling kgdb disables all the console output in SMC1).

No.

> 2.- A watchdog timeout happens (Does the kgdb code resets the
> watchdog?).

If your watchdog has not been disabled by the boot loader,  you  have
absolutely  no  chance to debug the system using kgdb. Either disable
the watchdog, or use a BDI2000.

> 3.- Do I have to do a "set endian xxx" in ppc-linux-gdb ??? (to get that

You don't.

> I'm using the denx kernel from the cvs and ppc-linux-gdb from ELDK 2.0.2
> (on a x86 development machine)

You should use ppc_8xx-gdb as documented.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Vulcans worship peace above all.
	-- McCoy, "Return to Tomorrow", stardate 4768.3