kgdb and mpc8xx (again)

Ibon Gotxi Garcia igotxi at jazzfree.com
Tue Mar 11 04:42:01 EST 2003

Hi:

I'm trying to debug a kernel on a 8xx board with kgdb, using the SMC1. I
have disabled all the outputs to the console made by the bootstrap code,
and simply running kermit, i get this line

$T0540:c0009db0;01:c01152fe;#b1

If i run ppc-linux-gdb instead of kermit, i get

0xc0009db0 in breakpoint () at ppc-stub.c:726

and the board restarts itself.

I have no idea why. Maybe:

1.- It's something related with some console output (don't know if
enabling kgdb disables all the console output in SMC1).
2.- A watchdog timeout happens (Does the kgdb code resets the
watchdog?).
3.- Do I have to do a "set endian xxx" in ppc-linux-gdb ??? (to get that
output i have done a "set endian big")

I'm using the denx kernel from the cvs and ppc-linux-gdb from ELDK 2.0.2
(on a x86 development machine)

Cheers
Ibon

--