Problem of concurrency in arch/ppc/8260_io/uart.c

Dayton, Dean deand at aiinet.com
Fri Mar 7 23:52:53 EST 2003

Yes, I have seen this problem when I have a lot of printks from interrupt
context on my 8255 board using an SCC as the console. It's been on my list
for awhile but I haven't done anything about it yet. I think the easy
approach would be to disable interrupts when manipulating the buffer
descriptors (in fact, there are comments in the driver that make me suspect
this used to be the done). But there would be a performance hit for this.
Anyone got a more elegant suggestion?

Dean Dayton