Information about Library Optimizer

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Sat Mar 1 05:03:23 EST 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Kamaraj P wrote:

>      Does Any body Used Library Optimizer ?
> if so , can any one  give some example how to use it ..

I have strong doubts about tools like this - amazingly well though how
it may actually do the job in a certain setup. Building a monolithic
block of software first, and then rip it apart again just doesn't seem
right to me.

> Is there any other way to reduce the library size ..

If you're really short on memory, you should consider using an
alternative library solution like uClibc.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Marius

Marius Groeger           SYSGO Real-Time Solutions AG       mgroeger at sysgo.de