Is GCC >= 3.1 available for ELDK ? (or other means to compile Ada code)

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Thu Jun 19 04:04:10 EST 2003

John Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know where I can get the document or manual about PowerPC assembly language ("as") ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Zhou

Hi John,

Here is a good starting point

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-ppc/?t=gr,lnxw09=PowPC

Here is an IBM PDF file (600+ page book) on PowerPC assembly lang

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF778525699600719DF2

Here is an IBM PDF compiler writers guide on PPC asm tuning etc.

http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/852569B20050FF7785256996007558C6

Here is a good starting point for Linux based asm (mostly x86)
http://linuxassembly.org/

	The most useful thing I can recomend is using these books/guides as a
reference and compiling c source code with the GCC flag  --save-temps to
generate assembly source from c code. This not only gives you a good
idea of what the assembly code is doing, but lets you analyze and refine
your C coding technique and practices to generate the best code.

Good Luck

Conn

   If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
  (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com