Support for MPC852T, any experience ?

David Jander david.jander at protonic.nl
Tue Jun 17 21:14:50 EST 2003

Hi there,

We are developing a board based on the MPC852T (fairly new model,
stripped-down MPC866).
Is there anybody who has sucessfully run linux-ppc on this processor yet (or
it's more advanced MPC866 cousin) ?
Any experience ?
I am specifically interested in using the SPI mode for SCC3 or 4, plus FEC
with an LXT971A phy.
I am new to this mailing list, but I have searched through its archive and
came up with a (simple ?) SPI driver from Navin Bopurri.
Also on the DENX website I found their drivers for 8xx in the 2.4.4 kernel
sources. Has anybody ported those drivers to a more recent version ?
I have now managed to set up a cross-development system comiling the latest
binutils, gcc-3.2.3 (--with-newlib) and the latest linuxppc_2_4_devel kernel
from montavista. I have not been able to find an up to date guide for setting
up such a system (I had to sweat my own way through it). If there is such a
guide (the Howto's I could find seem hopelessly outdated), could someone
please provide a pointer ? Otherwise, I would be glad to offer my experience
from this point on for a FAQ or (somwhat more up-to-date) mini-howto. Any
ideas ?

Greetings,

--
David Jander