Unable to mount jffs2 file system

Jaap-Jan Boor jjboor at aimsys.nl
Mon Jun 16 23:52:35 EST 2003

Rakesh,

in init/main.c you can add to root_dev_names[] your root
device (e.g. "mtdblock2" 0x1f02).

You have to specify somehow to use this device then, as kernel
parameter. I use root_string in arch/ppc/[mbxboot][simple]/misc.c:

char    *root_string = "root=/dev/mtdblock2 rw init=/linuxrc";

Jaap-Jan

--
J.G.J. Boor			  Anton Philipsweg 1
Software Engineer		  1223 KZ Hilversum