PPCBoot on Ebony board

Brian Padalino bpadalino at perigee.com
Wed Jul 16 21:59:28 EST 2003

I found the flash programmer utility, but I am actually a bit scared to
flash the flash with  the version of PPCBoot that I made.  I am working
without a JTAG interface, so flashing using JTAG is out of the question, and
how would I re-flash if the PPCBoot binary I have doesn't work properly?  Is
the board running out of EEPROM right now with the IBM Open Shell always
there?  I have sifted through the documentation a bit, but haven't found a
straight answer as to exactly how the board is setup right out of the box.

Any sort of help is appreciated.  I am extremely new to ICE, JTAG and such
embedded systems -- so please, be patient with me (if you can).

Sincerely,
Brian Padalino