PPCBoot on Ebony board

Brian Padalino bpadalino at perigee.com
Wed Jul 16 04:11:07 EST 2003

I am trying to transfer PPCBoot that I had compiled over a tftp session in
the 440GP 1.18 ROM Monitor (02/11/02) that came on the Ebony board.  Is that
the wrong method of trying it?  I tried using both serial ports and Kermit
with Xon/Xoff handshaking, but it just ended up timing out.

I keep getting the error:
  Sending tftp boot request ...
  Not a valid boot image file

Which stems from an improper magic number at the top of the file to say it's
a valid boot image.

I hate to sound like such a newbie, but can anyone help in getting PPCBoot
on this new board?  Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Brian Padalino