DENX ELDK Kernel

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Wed Jul 16 00:01:12 EST 2003

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>>never stopped me before!  Basically, the answer is yes - at least I
>>have been using the ELDK with a linux-2.4.20 kernel (from kernel.org).
>>The key point to remember is that you should always compile user
>>applications against the Linux include files that glibc (and all the
>>rest of the target ELDK apps) are built against - Do NOT compile your
>>user applications against the newer Linux kernel.
>

> 10 of 10 points :-)

Stupid question (TM):

If I'd built the ELDK from scratch and used Linux-2.4.20 include files
to build "glibc (and all the rest of the target ELDK apps)" I should
build my "applications against the newer Linux kernel"! Shouldn't I?

And in general: shouldn't I used a glibc that "matches" the kernel
version?

Thanks,

Steven