DENX ELDK Kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 15 23:51:14 EST 2003

Dear Jeff,

in message <16148.1141.101138.214108 at igor.jsc.nasa.gov> you wrote:

> He's a mythological figure!  I think he is really secretly several
> people working as one incredible unit of productivity.

No, really, it's just me. And I'm still trying to figure out how  the
clone() system call could be used for real-life applications :-)

> never stopped me before!  Basically, the answer is yes - at least I
> have been using the ELDK with a linux-2.4.20 kernel (from kernel.org).
> The key point to remember is that you should always compile user
> applications against the Linux include files that glibc (and all the
> rest of the target ELDK apps) are built against - Do NOT compile your
> user applications against the newer Linux kernel.

10 of 10 points :-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked. "Begin  at  the
beginning,"  the  King said, gravely, "and go on till you come to the
end: then stop."    - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll