Need opinions: Porting PPC linux for a custom Prep board.

dong in kang dkang at east.isi.edu
Sat Jul 12 01:50:49 EST 2003

 Hello,

 I'm trying to port MontaVista Linux for a custom Prep board.
The CPU is a variant of IBM PPC750, and the PCI bridge chip is a variant of
MPC106.
The architecture of the CPU is same as IBM PPC750.
The architecture of the bdidge chip is a superset of MPC106.
Any suggestion which code should I start with?

 I found some prep specific routines under arch/ppc/platform directory.
The codes seem to work for two targets, IBM prep and Motorolla prep.
If I had better start with one of them, which would be better?

 Thank you,

 Dong-In