Ethernet PHY chip discovery not working on 855T with 971/972 chips

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 12 01:43:18 EST 2003

Dear Tom,

in message <20030711151834.GU17433 at ip68-0-152-218.tc.ph.cox.net> you wrote:

> > We changed this in our kernel tree some time ago. If no valid PHY  is
> > found  we simply do not enable the interface, but we do not panic any
> > more.
>
> Which raises two fun questions:
> 1) Do you plan on ever trying to re-sync your 2.4 tree with the
> community tree (which should become kernel.org before too long)?

We do this from time to time. The last  (visible)  re-sync  was  with
2.4.20  (ChangeSet  1.1174  =  20021129181904|49831), which is half a
year ago. On the other hand, we don't have the  resources  to  follow
each and every change immediately.

> 2) Do you plan on trying to keep in sync with 2.6 now that it's coming
> up on us?

Of course we will follow 2.6 as well.

Why are you asking? Did I give any reason to think we might go out of
business?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women,  and  en-
gineers.  While  the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far
the more certain."                      -- Baron Rothschild, ca. 1800