Heretical Question

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Sat Jul 12 01:14:13 EST 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:09:01PM -0400, Steven Blakeslee wrote:
> ddd will let you specify a gdb debugger to use. You have to add -g -ggdb to
> the CFLAGS and compile the kernel.  Then give the command
>
> ddd --debugger ppc_8xx-gdb vmlinux
>
> Replace ppc_8xx-gdb with your debugger of choice, gdb is the default if you
> do not specify.

Yes, that works.  Thanks.

But it isn't as nice as I had hoped.  The display feature chews up
lots and lots of screen space, and little things like clicking on
something that began with "/x" fails, making it hard to browse values
in hex.  I was starting to get the hang of how to sort of use it when
I realized that I could do better with gdb inside emacs.  Hmmm.  I'll
have to try insight next.

-kb