parallel I/O ports & opend darin pins on MPC8xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 10 06:17:47 EST 2003

In message <3F0C7782.3060704 at earthlink.net> you wrote:

> But I still don't see how you could avoid having other drivers clobber
> your output but.  I think he has to take one of the two options I

By modifying _all_ drivers that will modify the port in question in a
way that is based on previously read data.

> suggested.  Adding his own variable can't help in any way I can
> imagine.  Could you give an example?

Find out which port pin(s) is/are  configured  as  OD  output.  Check
which  other port pins on this port are in use, and which drivers are
using these port pins. Make all these drivers  use  a  common  buffer
variable. Voila...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report! - Ken Burchill?