AgileDB and Abatron BDI 2000 ICE

Muhammad Sarwar msarwar at mangrovesystems.com
Sat Jul 12 00:31:56 EST 2003

You are right about Abatron, it is definitely a good tool to have.

I recently evaluated Agile Software for 8260.

Few thoughts:

Main advantage of Agile is that it integrates Abatron's commands and
GDB debugging services.=20

Some features I liked were=20

Nice GUI for all BDI and GDB features at one place=20
Ability to move registers, structs etc to same watch window(by click
and drag)=20 Tools to automate some processes like loading of register
init file, playing back command script=20
Ability to set PC, other registers etc=20
Ability to use the same software for debugging of user applications=20

However there are some problems:=20

Program crashes frequently, they are offering new version of SW which
is supposed to be more stable. Problems in setting break points.
Problem in getting stack info display. Bug in display of struct
info=20

I think overall it brings good value for boot and kernel debugging.
Regards,

Muhammad Sarwar
Mangrove Systems Inc.