Problem booting Linux on MPC8260ADS board

Kamalesh B kamal at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Feb 21 01:23:29 EST 2003

hello,

I am facing a problem in booting the Linux on MPC8260ADS board.
Linux version : 2.4.17 (MontaVista)

I have added the patches required to MPC8260ADS board like setting up
the memory map and BATs.

Control enters "start_here" subroutine
(linux2.4.17_mvl121/arch/ppc/kernel). But it hangs before calling
"load_mmu" subroutine.

--- Code begins ---
/*
 * for SDR1 (hash table pointer) and the segment registers
 * and change to using our exception vectors.
 */
 lis r4,2f at h
 ori r4,r4,2f at l
 tophys(r4,r4)
 li r3,MSR_KERNEL & ~(MSR_IR|MSR_DR)
 FIX_SRR1(r3,r5)
 mtspr SRR0,r4
 mtspr SRR1,r3
 SYNC
 RFI        (**** <= After this, MPC8260 hangs ****)

/* Load up the kernel context */
2:
--- Code ends ---

Is there any reason for this to happen??? And any solutions to get the
linux going...

Am i using the wrong file in compilation, by any chance?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
kamal