Romdisk

rekha gvv rekhagvvc at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 20 23:34:26 EST 2003

Hello,

I have created a romfs image using the Genromfs .
DO i need to cat this image with the kernel image
(Vmlinux.gz) ?
I had created a single image using the command
./mkimage -A ppc -O Linux -T multi  -C gzip \
        -n 'Linux-2.4.4 Multiboot-Image' -e 0 -a 0 \
        -d vmlinux.gz:romfs.img Romimage

I have given the Bootargs as "root=/dev/mtdblock0"
I have enabled  the romfs file system option as well
as MTd block device option in the kernel.

Wheni download this multiimage kernel i get the error
like
VFS: Mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.
Kernel panic: I have no root and I want to scream

please tell me how does the kernel recognise  the
start of the romfs.and where should the romfs be
loaded ?

http://taxes.yahoo.com/