PowerMac vs. Intel for PowerPC Development Host

bob piatek bobtek at fishcamp.com
Thu Feb 20 09:29:55 EST 2003

I've been using a Mac running the Yellow Dog Linux distribution and
have not had any problems.

The plusses are you don't have to worry about cross-compiling or
setting up GDB in a cross platform environment.  It is just a couple
more things you don't have to worry about.

As a bonus, many of your host's command line tools can be NFS mounted
on your embedded system and run directly without having to have special
versions for your target.

So... no negatives but a few plusses.

Bob

fishcamp engineering