Kernel boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 11 10:36:28 EST 2003

In message <200302101644.53246.samble at xopnetworks.com> you wrote:

> I am using ELDK-2.0 to create a bootable kernel image for PPC8xx. I have
> PPCBoot on my target and I want to download the kernel from the host to the
> target using TFTP boot. I have verified that I can transfer the image via
> TFTP boot. I am creating the initrd image using the following sequence of
> commands.

There is basicly zero relevance to Linux so this is off topic on this
list. You should ask this on the U-Boot-Users mailing list instead.

> 1. make config
> 2. make dep
> 3. make clean

OK so far.

> 4. make zImage.initrd

Wrong. Please see the README for instructions how to  build  a  Linux
image for use with U-Boot / PPCBoot.

> 5. Compress the "zvmlinux.initrd" executable using "gzip"

Twice wrong.

> 6. Execute mkimage command to prepare it for "ppcboot"

Completely bogus.

> responds. Can one of you please point to where I may be going wrong?

Please read the available documentation.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
No question is too silly to ask. Of course, some  questions  are  too
silly to to answer...  - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_