Accessing MPC862 registers

Stephan Linke Stephan.Linke at epygi.de
Wed Feb 5 23:59:14 EST 2003

Hi Flavio,

on 862 the internal memory mapped registers are not like plane memory. Only several addresses can actualy be accessed. If you try no
access an non existant register address you cause a bus error.
For that reason you have to consult the manual before you access any address in the IMMR area and in most cases a simple dump tries
to access an area that is to large to avoid invalid accesses.

Regards, Stephan