Accessing MPC862 registers

Flavio Pereira Flavio.Pereira at za.flextronics.com
Wed Feb 5 23:48:03 EST 2003

Hi all

I'm hoping that someone can help me here. I'm using the TQM8xxL module
with a MPC862 processor on board. With minor changes to the pin
configurations for the ethernet controller I have gotten U-boot and
Linux to work without any issues. However from my BDI2000 shell, with my
IMMR set to 0xFFF00000 (confirmed), I cannot do memory dumps for the
region 0xFFF00000 - 0xFFF02000. From FFF02000 (DP-RAM) the memory
accesses seem fine. The same goes for the u-boot shell. Obviously u-boot
and linux have managed to access these registers, else the system would
not start? How do I go about doing direct memory accesses to the MPC's
registers which are located from 0xFFF00000 to 0xFFF00DFF from either
u-boot or the BDI shell?

Regards
Flavio Pereira