powerpc board without RTC

"Callebaut, Benoît" benoit.callebaut at barco.com
Mon Feb 3 19:13:16 EST 2003

Hello,
Don't comment out the time_init() in start_kernel(). Instead change the
content of the calibrate_decr() function to set the variable set in it on a
fixed falue.
You must find this value by yourself but a good starting point is your
frequency in Hz (I think)
Example of the code
	unsigned int freq = 28000000;
	tb_tick_per_jiffy = freq/HZ;
	tb_to_us = mulhwu_scale_factor(freq,1000000);

and don't forget to set in platform_init()
ppc_md.time_init = NULL;
ppc_md.set_rtc_time = NULL;
ppc_md.get_rtc_time = NULL;
ppc_md.calibrate_decr = calibrate_decr();	/name of your
calibrate_decr() function