Intial ramdisk and kernel

Ashwin Bihari raz0redge at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 08:54:42 EST 2003

Greetings,

I'm tring to create an initial ramdisk to use for the purpose of installing
a root file system on an empty hard drive. I've gotten the INITRD made by
using the methods described in the initrd.txt file located in the
Documentation directory under the Linux sources.

>From my reading these lists and other forums, it seems that with the PPC
platform, I have to compile the INITRD into the kernel, how do I go about
doing this???

I'm using a PrPMC800 based installation. Any and all help appreciated.

~Ashwin

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer.  http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup