PPC PCI Enumeration::Switch off

Karoliya, Abhishek Abhishek.Karoliya at fci.com
Wed Dec 24 05:38:58 EST 2003

Hi ,

  While porting Linux {we use both flavours MontaVista based on 2.4.18 &
Kernel.org's 2.4.20} on MPC7447(Dual CPU) + MV64360 based Processor PMC
boards , we have a scenario where multiple PMC card will reside on the same
PCI bus . Out of all the boards only one {identified through hardware
signal} will enumerate the rest and other PCI devices on the board. {Monarch
mode}.

  Hence we need to turn off PCI enumeration for other {Non-monarch boards }.
I tried this by  not calling the
pciauto_bus_scan(){arch/ppc/kernel/pci_auto.c} while setting up the host
bridge . But the boards still goes forward and does the enumeration.
Do I have take care of any other section of the code .

Thanks a lot
Abhi