Cross-compile package combinations

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 17 07:14:17 EST 2003

In message <6F8DFFA2C996D711945800065BFC9E4A03B9910C at il02exm11> you wrote:

> I do have a another question, though.  Let's say that I want to use my own kernel instead of having crosstool download it.  What would be the proper set of steps to take to specify a local kernel?  My current kernel is 2.4.20 and I know that the combina

The steps are: download a kernel, unpack it, configure it, compile it, boot it.

Kernel and tools are more or less unrelated to each other.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I will also, for an appropriate fee, certify that  your  keyboard  is
object-oriented,  and  that  the bits on your hard disk are template-
compatible.            - Jeffrey S. Haemer in <411akr$3ga at cygnus.com>