MPC852T with SCC3 and SMC1

Demke, Torsten Torsten.Demke at fci.com
Thu Dec 11 04:23:57 EST 2003

Hello all,

At one of our boards were using the MPC852T.
It will use the SMC1 as UART _and_ SCC3 with ethernet.
(SCC4 will also run  ethernet.)
I know that SCC3 will overlap the Parameter RAM of SMC1 and
I guess that there is a microcode patch to relocate the SMC1.

There is already a microcode patch mentioned in the 8xx_io/ directory
but it doesnt work at my board. Somebody uses this microcode to relocate
SMC1? (to which address?)

I also tried to find a microcode patch for MPC852T
at the motorola web-site but without success.
Can anybody give me a hint where to find this microcode?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Torsten Demke