interrupt handling in 7410+64260

??? ksshin at essetel.com
Wed Aug 27 14:23:55 EST 2003

Thank you for your response.

I use 2.4.18 kernel from montavista.
I set MPP_CNTL_x reigster as gpp,
 GPP_IO_CNTL as input, GPP_LEVEL_CNTL as active low
after that, I call request_irq(irq_num, ...); function.

when I call request_irq(), I try two type.
1. request_irq(57, ...)
   57 means bit 25 of MAIN_INTERRUPT_CAUSE register.
2. request_irq(77, ...)
   77 means bit 15 of GPP_INTERRUPT_CAUSE register.

in case of 1.
when interrupt is occurred, then kernel is dead. and no message
is printed.

in case of 2.
when interrupt is occurred, but nothing is happened and also
bit 25 of MAIN_INTERRUPT_MASK_HI is not set.
also try to set that bit, but not setted...

In Linux kernel, there is a example about handling internal
interrupt(mpsc as serial, ethernet), but I can't find the example for
about handling external interrupt with GPP.

Is there anyone who know that how to handle the external interrupt
with GPP in 7410/64260?