kgdb with 2.4.20pre7 kernel on 405 target

Michel Normand NORMAND at fr.ibm.com
Tue Aug 12 19:08:05 EST 2003

By looking at the history of kgdb problem on 405,  we found the two
following messages
related to kgdb failure on 405 target, messages dated from September 2002:
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200209/msg00166.html
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200209/msg00170.html

Is there now  in 2.4.20 kernel a patch to solve this problem ?

>  In 2_4_devel, the 4xx debug infrastructure is in the middle of a
> change which moves DBCR state from pt_regs to thread struct.
> Without DBCR being context switched, anything using the 4xx
> debug exception will be adversely affected. This includes
> kgdb and ptrace.
>
>Regards,
> --
>Matt Porter