750/107 CHRP question

Sangmoon Kim dogoil at etinsys.com
Fri Aug 1 14:34:24 EST 2003

Hi,

Some serial port driver doesn't ioremap and directly use the physical address for accessing device.
This doesn't causes any problem when the base address is above 0x80000000.

There are two solutions for this
Solution 1. Change the serial port base address above 0x80000000, such as 0xff000000.

Solution 2. Ioremap to get the base address of the serial port and use the address.
ie. base = ioremap(0x7c000000,0x1000);

I think the solution 2 is more appropriate because changing hardware requires a lot of money.

Regards,
Sangmoon Kim