profiling kernel/head.S

vincent poirson poirsonv at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 30 18:58:53 EST 2003

Hi,

I am using a SBC8260 board. I want to profile code
from the interrupt signal to the interrupt handler
using Port C and a scope. One of my time measures is
in kernel/head.S right after the HardwareInterrupt at
0x500. My problem is that when I load the PDATC value,

the kernel crashes and I get a kernel stack overflow.
I have no idea why. Any help is appreciated.
Here is my modified head.S:

HardwareInterrupt:
 EXCEPTION_PROLOG
 addi r3,r1, STACK_FRAM_OVERHEAD
 li r20,MSR_KERNEL

 /* PDATC |= BIT_31 */
 lis 7,0xf0010d50 at h     // PDATC addr : 0xf0010d50
 lwz 0,0xf0010d50 at l(7)  // kernel crash here
 ori 0,0,1
 stw 0,0xf0010d50 at l(7)

Thanks in advance.