Serial Console Login Fails

Martin Hicks mort at bork.org
Wed Apr 23 23:59:41 EST 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 07:16:35PM +0530, Aman wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> I have the etc/securetty file with entry ttyS0. Actually I cant see the log
> messages since the linux boots up and gets struck in the login itself . Is
> there any other way to get the log messages. In my board , I don't have
> network support. So each I time I have to modify the ramdisk image and run
> it. I tried putting in /bin/login, however I getting the following error
> "/bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object
> file
> : cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory"
> I think the related shared libraries is not there , how to find related
> shared libraries for any file.

You can check which shared libraries are required in order to run an
application with "ldd".  There should be a cross version on your host
system with your development kit.

Otherwise, I'd compile login statically (or use busybox or something
similar) to get past this hurdle and get the correct shared libs
installed.

mh

--
Martin Hicks  ||  mort at bork.org  || PGP/GnuPG: 0x4C7F2BEE
plato up 5 days, 22:50, 12 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.51, 0.55