parse error before `{', stray '\' in program

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 12 06:17:48 EST 2003

In message <5.1.0.14.2.20030411115316.0416be20 at mail.zultys.com> you wrote:

>          1. Physical source file multibyte characters are mapped,
>             in an implementation-defined manner, to the source character set
>             (introducing new-line characters for end-of-line indicators)
>              if necessary.

"\r\n" is not a  multibyte  character  but  a  sequence  of  the  two
characters C and NL.

>          2. Each instance of a backslash character (\) immediately
>             followed by a new-line character is deleted, splicing physical
>             source lines to form logical source lines.

This sentence contains the word "immediat" which does not  allow  for
an  additional  CR  character between the backslash character and the
new-line character.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Our business is run on trust.  We trust you will pay in advance.