ppc linux kernel 2.4.4 for ppc440/EBony using ELDK 2.0.2?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 3 17:27:21 EST 2003

In message <009801c2f97f$d8917790$1464a8c0 at sjeng3> you wrote:

> I am currently working on IBM's 440GP Ebony evaluation board,
> trying to run Linux on it. I installed ELDK 2.0.2 on RedHat 7.1,
> and sucessfully compiled ppcboot, which runs smoothly on 440GP.
>
> Now I am trying to build a Linux kernel 2.4.4 (which is included in
> ELDK 2.0.2), but I see some errors regarding to mfdcr/DCRN_EXISR.

The 2.4.4 LInux kernel as included in this version of the ELDK is not
suitable for 4xx systems. Please use  the  linuxppc_2_4_devel  kernel
tree instead; see http://penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Randal said it would be tough to do in sed. He didn't say  he  didn't
understand  sed.  Randal  understands sed quite well. Which is why he
uses Perl. :-)         - Larry Wall in <7874 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>