Linux support for MPC859T processor

Dmytro Bablinyuk dmytro.bablinyuk at tait.co.nz
Wed Apr 2 13:39:21 EST 2003

Yes, we are ready to have a big pain with porting, and we know that
there is a risk which we are trying to reduce.
Would the MontaVista give some hands on, for example, how to an internal
RTC function on '860 represent in the kernel ('859 doesn't have RTC
func) and how it's affect the kernel and how it could be "removed" etc?
So, we at least would know what shall we look for.
Also could you please tell me how assembler on '860 different from '859?
Would this affect booting?