Linux support for MPC859T processor

Mark Hatle fray at mvista.com
Wed Apr 2 13:13:14 EST 2003

Honestly, I don't know my guess is close to non to a small handful...  But I am
truely a novice when it comes to CPU/board bringup.. (I've assisted in it, but
my expertise and history is in userspace development.)  The things that can take
massive amounts of time on these new processors/boards are hardware bugs (cpu
and board) as well as device drivers for new on chip devices.  I have seen more
then one engineer going bald due to hardware bugs, especially a board that the
customer said "But it runs VxWorks, why doesn't it run Linux?"...

--Mark