Potential problem in fec.c for 8xx

Stephan Linke Stephan.Linke at epygi.de
Sat Sep 21 00:13:35 EST 2002

Hi Thomas,

normaly this shouldn't happen. By default the interrupts of the PHY chips
are disabled (see PHY register settings). So when you enable the 8xx
interrupt nothing should happen.
So FEC driver has the time to detect the PHY and setup the registers. After
the registers are initializes (esp. interrupt mask) the first interrupts may
appeare.

Maybe there is the following problem: The PHY CHIP doesn't get a reset
signal when rebooting your board (warm start). In that case I could imagine
that the interrupts are still enabled in the PHY chip.... (Do you have the
same problem after a cold start?)

Regards, Stephan