lynxfb.c

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Thu Sep 19 10:47:45 EST 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 04:27:05PM -0000, Linux  PPC wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anybody seen it working? We are using sensoray
> video module, which uses Lynx3DM chip.

The framebuffer driver as a whole is incomplete, and won't work as a
frame buffer driver.  If someone were to correct that, that would be a
Good Thing (tm).

I wrote the driver for use on the Embedded Planet Icebox (Sensoray 322
module).  I was primarily using the XFree86 siliconmotion driver, but
this makes some PCish assumptions.  I wrote the framebuffer driver to
do the basic initialization of the card - with the fb driver loaded
it's relatively easy to get X working.  I intended to complete it -
i.e. make it a fully working fb driver, but I never had the time.

Note that the fb driver does do one particularly important thing - it
initializes the memory subsystem using some undocumented prodding of
the card.  On PCs this is performed by the card BIOS, and the video
memory won't work correctly without it.

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson