problem with pci_alloc_consistent

wahmad wahmad at snowshore.com
Tue Sep 17 08:38:15 EST 2002

I am using pci_alloc_consistent() for obtaining contiguous memory that is
cache safe. Here is how I am calling the routine

pci_alloc_consistent(NULL,size,&dummy).
Note I am throwing away the bus address.

The memory that I get does not seem to be cache safe. My device doesn't see
the data  untill I add flush_dcache_range(..). It is very undesirable for me
to add flushes and invalidates. I will appreciate any help in this matter.

I am using kernel version 2.4.20-pre5 for IBM PPC405GP and using version
2.95.3 for gcc on an x86 as a cross compiler.

I also have CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE defined.

Thanks

Waqar