help needed for porting linux-2.5 to a ppc custom board

Atm account linux2 at cdotd.ernet.in
Sat Sep 14 17:34:28 EST 2002

Hello,

  We want to run linux on a custom board having ppc603ev.
We have identified the following tasks :-
processor-specific tuning,
board related changes (io_block_mapping, pic etc.)
serial driver for uart device.
pci,timer initialisations.

  There is 4mb flash on the board (for storing vmlinux.gz)
No hard disk.

 Since, there is only 1 uart port, how can we use it for
console-login and dumping printk messages?

 How should we start identifying changes to be done in
kernel source (mostly arch/ppc)? Is there any resource
available on internet for porting linux to a powerpc/any
board ?

Regards & Thanks
Piyush