8260 MCC Interrupt priority

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 11 04:12:05 EST 2002

Dear Gianfranco,

in message <000701c258eb$9092e4e0$0700a8c0 at pc005> you wrote:

> Many thanks for your suggestion, I have checked the references You gave me
> and I believe that RTAI would be a good solution to solve our problem.
> Actually I'm working with a quite old version of HardHat package (CDK 1.2
> with 2.4.0-test2 kernel) with some minor patches in order to have the
> ethernet 100% functionality, do You think we can easily port the RTAI on
> this version or shall we migrate to HardHat 2.0?

You will run into problems with a 2.4.0 kernel.  But  that  does  not
mean  that  you  have  to  use HHL 2.0. The kernel source tree is one
thing, the (cross) development toolchain is a  different  issue,  and
the  native  tools  used for the target is yet another story. OK, the
(cross) development toolchain and the native  tools  are  related  in
some  ways  -  at  least  they should use the same versions of shared
libraries, etc.

But you can easily  use  a  more  recent  kernel  source  tree  while
continuing  to use the your current tools - if there is nother reason
to change.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
They weren't that important. They were merely at the top. The  people
who  really  run organizations are usually found several levels down,
where it's still possible to get things done.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_