MCIP805: New Linux Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 10 02:39:08 EST 2002

Dear Bill,

in message <5.1.1.6.2.20020909104632.0356dd20 at mailhost.iphase.com> you wrote:

> I'm new to embedded PPC Linux.  Does anyone have a link to a good webpage
> explaining how to make a ramdisk- or flash-based CPU boot from the rebuilt
> kernel image I have?  This is a Motorola MCIP805 CPU.

See http://www.denx.de/doc/TQM8xxL/ for an example, allthough  for  a
different board.

To build a ramdisk image you could use our SELF package as a starting
point, see ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SELF/

BTW: maybe the IPHASE4539 config option is a bit familiar to you :-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Heavier than air flying machines are impossible.
                    -- Lord Kelvin, President, Royal Society, c. 1895