very minor 405GP and 405GPr PCI difference

David Gibson david at gibson.dropbear.id.au
Wed Oct 23 14:08:50 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 02:55:47PM -0700, Todd Poynor wrote:

> David Gibson wrote (regarding Rainier PMM1 bios_fixup in MVL):
>
> >Well, it may be in a different place, but it looks like it has the
> >same problem.  It is still establishing a PCI window at PLB address
> >0x80000000, which is the same address used for the PMM0 window - or is
> >that also different in the MV kernel?
> >
> >I'd be trying to work out what that mapping's actually for, first.  I
> >still can't see how it can possibly work - if there are overlapping
> >PMM windows, what actually happens to accesses in that (PLB) range?
>
> Yes, it looks like MVL only sets up the one window using PMM1... we've
> started an effort to have the Rainier-knowedgeable folks get the code
> sync'ed up with the community and this should happen soon.

Hang on, so just to clarify - MVL sets up PMM1 with the code you
posted, but doesn't set up PMM0 anywhere?  From my reading of that
code, it sets up a window at the same address as the "standard"
(Walnut) mapping, except that it is only 128kB instead of 1GB.  Is
there a reason that Rainier must have such a small window?

http://www.ozlabs.org/people/dgibson