Linker problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 23 03:41:57 EST 2002

Dear Flavio,

in message <1E354700654661418593A0D6B5A9D410089470 at mail.azisa.co.za> you wrote:

> Looks like it was a mistake that some people with term "useless" but hey
> I'm still learning. I was using LD directly to link and it doesn't
> automatically include the library files needed for c++. So when I
> switched to g++ for the linking it solved most of these system errors
> (__throw etc..). G++ however tries to include a -lstdg++ file which
> doesn't exist. So I had to use gcc and force link the libstdc++.a

You must be doing something wrong here. The g++ as included with  our
ELDK  does  not reference any "-lstdg++". Can you please show us some
(simple) exaqmple source and the exact command line you  use,  so  we
can test if there is really a problem, or just a usage error?

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I can't say I've ever been lost, but I was bewildered once for  three
days.                                     - Daniel Boone (Attributed)