boot linux on fads mpc860

rekha gvv rekhagvvc at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 7 21:26:40 EST 2002

Hello,
I am new to this mailing list.
I am trying to boot linux from Fads MPC860 powerpc
board I have compiled the linux kernelversion
linux-2.4.4-2002-03-21 .Also i have put the PPcboot
1.1.6 into the board.now i dont know how to download
this linux kernel into this board.Should i do any
sttings with ppcboot .please do let me know
i am using the tftpboot command but then
wheni tell go 100000 it tells

## starting application at 0x00100000

thenit hangs ..
i have tried to download the vmlinux file also
converted that to binary format and also tried but it
gives the same problem
one more thing is when i used the BOOTM command
it used to give

##Booting application at 0x00100000
Bad magic number

I dont understand what to do.so kindly please help
Regards
Rekha
rekhagvvc at yahoo.co.in

http://faith.yahoo.com