Serial Debugging

Aman aman at mistralsoftware.com
Wed Nov 27 06:35:25 EST 2002

Hi All

I am using PPC 440GP eval board. I wanted to do debug application using
serial. The serial device /dev/ttyS0 is used as console. I have connected a
null modem cable to the device /dev/ttyS1 on the eval kit and the linux
host. I gv the following command in the evalkit.

root at 192.168.13.246:~# gdbserver /dev/ttyS1 hello
Process hello created; pid = 95
Remote debugging using /dev/ttyS1

on the giving the following command in ddd window in the linux host. I get
the following errors.

(gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS1
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout

Can anybody tell me , what I am missing out

Thanking you in advance
Regards
Aman