Problem on usnig BDI2000 with IBM PPC440 board

Chris Hallinan clh at net1plus.com
Wed Nov 27 01:18:40 EST 2002

Linux needs a proper boot context, i.e PPCBoot or some other boot
loader to set up some important data structures that must be passed
to the kernel in order for it to boot.  You cannot simply load a
kernel image from scratch and run it ('go' command).

For details, download PPCBoot (now called U-Boot) and look at the
do_bootm() command.

-Chris Hallinan