ppcboot, linux , hang at the last step

Omanakuttan omanakuttan at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Nov 26 19:38:26 EST 2002

caixupeng wrote:
 > but, can you tell me the detail?
 >
 > Does it mean  the kernel has build in ramdisk ?
No. The kernel does not have a built in ramdisk. but it uses the ramdisk
image passed for modules and the like. correct me if I am wrong.
 > or you have to give a ramdisk separately to the kernel boot args?
initrd='ramdisk image' is the option I gave.
I am not very much conversant with linux booting procedure, but I
believe that the initrd image takes all the dependent modules and link
them properly when the kernel is booting up. So even if you choose fs
support in modular format, it will be loaded by the initrd image.

 >>when I passed the initrd option into the kernel.
 >
 > the option is " root=/dev/ram ",  right?
Frankly, I am not sure. someone else might be able to help you.

Thanks and regards,
Om.