NFS root manipulation without being superuser?

Rod Boyce rod_boyce at stratexnet.com
Sat Nov 16 11:31:34 EST 2002

I do this for all our developers they each have a target directory under
their home directory.  It is shared as rw no_root_squash you login as root
on the target but can only stuff up your home directory.
The target directory is created when I create a new user account.  This
works well for us.  We have about 12 developers using the same machine for
development and their target machines for testing.  The server does not have
to be reboot very often but sometime you get a rogue application.
We use the standard RH user groups if a user makes a stuff up in this target
directory then I chown it back to his user or copy from the skel directory
over the top and perform a chown.

Rod